The fourth annual GreenLight Business Model Competition kicks off another statewide startup pitch series in East Jordan at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 8, 2015. The GreenLight Business Model Competition is an event designed to bring entrepreneurs and small business supporters from across the State of Michigan together though a pitching contest format.
Entrants with businesses less than a year old pitch their business idea before a panel of judges to win startup support finding for their business. East Jordan finalists will pitch at Castle Farms in Charlevoix, MI, will be vying for more than $15K in startup support and prizes. The winner of the competition will include an automatic entry to compete in the March 30, 2016 final competition in East Lansing, MI.
East Jordan finalists include:
- Big E's Smoke Shack, Ethan Habasco
- Bluestem Ferments, Mary Brower
- Business Center Plus, Barbara Ann Worgess
- Food Entrepreneur Accelerator, Scotty Bruce
- Gretchen Bender, Gretchen Bender
- Indulge A Little, Jane Elliott
- MarchLabs Home Automation, Johnny Sanchez
- Printing Pros, Renee Ann Guerriero
- RAZREYE Website Design, Scott Gillespie
- Up North Specialty Food & Drinks, Sierra Roberts
GreenLight Michigan was co-created by Spartan Innovations in the MSU Innovation Center and Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, and is sponsored by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Lansing Economic Area Partnership, Whirlpool Corporation, Brooks Kushman PC, Foster Swift PC, and other sponsors.
“Our partnerships allow us to support great ideas and innovators from around the state,” said Paul Jaques, director of student and community engagement at Spartan Innovations. “Michigan startups have ideas and talent that can compete on a global scale. We’re proud to offer this opportunity, in addition to the funding support, to help grow small business and entrepreneurship.”
With events held in East Jordan, Port Huron, Flint and the final contest in East Lansing, GreenLight is reaching out to entrepreneurs and investors from around the State to network and support startup businesses.
- Atudent Accelerate Michigan 2015, powered by GreenLight: Detroit, November 5 – Westin Book Cadillac, Detroit, MI
- Port Huron, December 7 - St. Clair County Community College, Port Huron, MI
- Flint, January 27 – TBD, Flint, MI
- GreenLight Michigan, March 30 – Pasant Theater, Wharton Center for Performing Arts at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
Learn more at www.greenlightmichigan.com.